Flu and Covid
Flu vaccination – Eligible groups
- Aged 2 and 3 years on 31st August 2022
- School aged children (all primary aged children (reception year to year 6) and eligible secondary school aged children
- Those aged 6 months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- Pregnant women
- 50 to 64 year olds
- All those aged 65 years and over
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
- Carers / in receipt of carers allowance / or main carer of an older or disabled person
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Frontline health and social care staff
Autumn 2022 COVID Booster vaccination
People aged 50 years and older, residents in care homes for older people, those aged 5 years and over in a clinical risk group and health and social care staff will be offered a booster of Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine this autumn.
Eligible patients will receive an invite via an SMS message from the practice. Any patients who cannot be contacted via SMS messages will be contacted via telephone or letter.
COVID & Flu vaccinations can be given together at the Lionwood Medical Practice for our registered patients.
Please note that there is a vaccination Service for the Autumn 2022 COVID Booster program that runs from the Lionwood Medical Practice and Gurney Surgery. These appointments can only be booked once an invitation has been received. These appointments will be for the COVID booster only.
If you have any queries, please contact the practice.